Supertop!

Friday, May 21, 2010 9:23 PM Posted by Jeremy Creasy
Well, the Bestop soft top came in yesterday and I got a head start.  I was going to wait and do it at my parents this weekend with my dad, bro-in-law, and nephew but I have 0 patience.  :)  So the top brackets are the most difficult part (IMO) and for me it was murder!  The 2 sections that you are suppose to put together were not cut properly and they were NOT going to go together without alterations.  So...I stopped where I was yesterday and then went to The Home Depot and got some metal files and screws.  I spent the next 4 hours filing and forcing the brackets together.  I feel like I do after the first day of working out after a year of being lazy.  Also, the back window piece was missing the zipper slider on the top zipper so I had to call Bestop AGAIN and have them send me a new window.  All that said, it was worth it afterwards...


p.s. It has also been running a little off since I had the exhaust work done so I had Jen pick up some new spark plug wires on her way home and that fixed it!  Runnin' like a champ now!  I'm so proud.  If only it got better gas mileage  :P

1 Response to "Supertop!"

  1. MontelloOffGrid Says:

    lovin it!!! nice work.