Jeep repairs & stuff

Monday, May 17, 2010 6:54 PM Posted by Jeremy Creasy
Well, of course, I started having some issues with the Jeep.  We already knew it needed a new muffler & tailpipe.  My last post I changed the spark plugs.  It was definitely running better after that and the fuel cleaner.  I took it to Meineke today to get the muffler/tailpipe/donut gasket done.  Went to lunch, then went back over there to check on it and they showed me the large crack in my exhaust manifold!!!  That turned a $200 problem into a $600 problem.  Good thing is, that should be it with engine repair for awhile at least.  We can get to work on the body and accessories.  I am glad that they noticed the crack.  I'm sure most mechanics would overlook something like that and then worse things would happen later.

I am also ordering the new top tonight!  It's a Bestop soft top and JCWhitney is having 20% off through today.  Jen and I are moving in July.  We are trying to cut our expenses down and by moving we will be saving about $500 a month easily.  We are trying to set ourselves a goal of 1 year so lookout Montello!

1 Response to "Jeep repairs & stuff"

  1. JT and Sandy Says:

    One year! That is awsome. You will beat us there. We will be part time till 2014. But if jt had his way he would be full time now.