Anxious (post title "Random blabs from a concerned American")

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 7:59 AM Posted by Jeremy Creasy
Well, it's been a minute since I've posted.  I check all the other Montello blogs daily, keeps my spirits up.  I've been really sick the last few days and I've had to miss work.  I have read through most of the Earthship books and I definitely have a greater understanding of how it's gonna go down.  I've also been researching well digging.  There are a lot of DIY ways to dig a well.  If anyone has any input please comment.  Once I have completed the research and we get closer to "the day" I will gather all the info and post it for everyone to use.

I got really excited while reading Preston's blog this weekend.  It was like an adventure.  He went to visit his property and ended up Jeeping around Tecoma Valley all day running into Montello celebrities.  Wish I could've been there.  The days are just getting harder because, even though we know it's gonna happen, we are kinda lost because we don't know how long it's gonna take.  It could be 5 years at this rate.  I don't want to just pay off debt and then leave.  We want to be secure and able to build our earthship.  I need to sit down and really figure out the numbers I guess.  The other side is, who knows how long this country will be "secure" and "free".  Our window of opportunity could be closing on us.  Then I fear that even if we make it out there in time and get built and growing, that we're not immune to what may happen.  Whether it be: natural disasters, "global warming", collapsed government, more government takeovers.  I'm being general because who knows the future but...are we safe?  Or, will we simply be safer for longer?  Obviously, cities will fall first, then suburbs, then farmland (for obvious reasons), then us?  Places like Tecoma Valley, Arizona deserts, New Mexico, Montana, Dakotas, etc...  Will it come to us or will we be far enough out to weather it?  The other side of it is, what if our govenment falls?  Will the "Red Army" fly over here and take over?  Or has everything changed so much that old school takeovers no longer occur?  I doubt that one, we have a rich and beautiful land.  They WILL want it!

I'm just blabbing, sorry this is so depressing.  These are things I think about daily.  I want to be aware and prepared.  Every day I talk with someone about either Montello & Earthships or about where everything is headed.  I want to make everyone I can aware, or at least get them to think about it.  Seems like everyone is in a deep sleep.  It scares me when I talk to people and they really have no idea and even struggle with believing me.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's goin on, but it would take one to escape it all.  :)  I would hope that we are being led to Montello so that we can survive it.  Or maybe...we are being led by the aliens at Area 51! ::fade in Theme music from The X-Files::  just kidding

We are just anxious to start a new community with all of you in Montello.  Keep writing your posts, we are all reading.  Spread the word about Montello to people you trust.  Learn about where this country is headed and then teach others.  Begin living a sustainable lifestyle and bring it with you to Montello.  Don't just think about, don't just talk about it...do it.

5 Response to "Anxious (post title "Random blabs from a concerned American")"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I think alot of us "Americans" believe the same and go through the same thought process !!! but in the end you can only do what you can do and nothing more maybe less but that is up to the individual person....

    Just know that the rest of us that are going there will be there also to help you and your family when the time comes.

    Read my blog on the well drilling there is some good info there..

  2. Anonymous Says:

    :)
    Ditto:
    Also things generally have a way of always working out even when one can't see a way out of the woods.

    Favorite Blogs On the Times
    survivalblog.com
    www.backwoodshome.com (Claire Wolfe, Duffy, or John Silveira)

    Well Info
    <100 ft - Google Driving a well point
    >100 ft - howtodrillawell.com or google "baptist well drilling"

    General info
    http://www.fdungan.com/well.htm

  3. MontelloOffGrid Says:

    Jeremy, I echo your sentiments. Seeing what is happening. Hoping you are prepared for whatever comes. Preparing like hell. And then wondering if this is all for not...the aliens in your head? I was talking to a buddy yesterday about all of this and I realized how fortunate I am. I want to be prepared, I want to live more sustainably, and I genuinely want to live in Montello. Not because it is the best "get out of dodge" place I could find, (but that certainly plays into it) but because I love it out there. I love the idea of requiring very little fuel in the winter to stay warm. I like being comfortable eating the basics....which are affordable and great for your body. I enjoy a good long walk, especially when gas prices are high. I don't know about everyone else, but I consider Montello being positioned as an excellent place to be when the sh*t hits the fan as a bonus! Let's not lie, it's a huge bonus! That said, having this new community that is form out there is also huge and I'm looking very much forward to fostering all of these friendships. Additionally, each time I go to Montello, it seems that I rub shoulders and/or make friends with at least one more local...and I'm really enjoying their friendship as well. I'm sure there are less than friendly people in Montello just like there is everywhere, but I haven't run into them yet. I'm sure Montello has it's issues from other angles as well, which I also haven't run into, but no where is perfect...except maybe HEAVEN!!!!

    Keep working away at it and we'll see you in Montello soon enough! Take care.

  4. Montello or Bust Says:

    I think if anything happens, pilot valley will be safe for a long time. Who would want to take over desert land. I think we are the only crazy ones who want to own land there. My only concern was the nuclear waste site but thats near vegas not us. That ruby pipeline might be a problem, but I think it will create jobs for many people in the valley. Just try to save a little each day and get there as soon as you can!!

  5. Christy Says:

    I'm just now reading this one...and, hopefully, this "worry" mode has long passed?!

    No truly wise words here; but you & I both know that worry is pointless and unhealthy...and almost genetic in our fam? (ha) And, honestly, we also both know that "this too shall pass"...in more ways than one. Ultimately, there are things we will never have control over, things we will possibly have to succumb to; however, there is One who is in full control and has a plan. The one thing you and Jennifer and all the rest of us needs to control and have absolute control over (all things considered) is our mind, our thoughts. I believe that is a tougher battle to fight sometimes than that with any gov't or entity known to man.

    Keep your head up and just take this, all of it, ONE day at a time. Shoot...one MOMENT at a time, ok? I love you, brother.