Setback...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:27 PM Posted by Jeremy Creasy
Well, as usual, life creeps in the door and smacks you in the face.  The wife decided to kiss the tail end of another car in our Mercedes and now we gotta fork out repair money.  :(  She just earned herself a double duty of "tire pounding" in Montello!

Still trainin' the ol' noggin' for life out there.  My Earthship books came in! and I have been face deep in those.  I feel very confident at this point.  Just gotta get the finances straightened out.  Also had a lead today from a friend/collegue who recommended me to a company that sells and installs Wind Turbines.  They will be hiring this summer and will definitely be considering the Nevada area.  Makes good money too.  We'll see what happens.  That could possibly speed up the move exponentially.

My anxiety, although more stable, has really grown.  Life has been just flying by the last 10 years but all of  sudden when you get a goal like we have, everything seems to just slow down.  Our biggest struggle at this point would be budget.  I will have 1 credit card paid off tomorrow.  1 more credit card to go, then onto a tiny loan.  We have started shopping lighter and smarter, eating more soup and sandwiches and barely eating out at all.  If we had tried this before Montello we would've hated it but it's pleasant to the both of us.  Jennifer especially gets tired of the same old food and stuff but she seems to be handling this quite well.  We'll see how that goes.  haha  I've made a little bit of money on ebay the past week and we'll be filing taxes this weekend!  It will be nice to have some momentum with money for a change.  The wedding and then the holidays about dried us up.  I will be price shopping this week and next for building supplies and see just how cheap we can get the Earthship built for.  I will say this, the roof was a worry for me but after reading the books by Michael Reynolds I am actually excited about the roof now.  If anyone know of a company within 2 hours of Montello that sells "Vigas" (aka dead, rough cut logs) please hook me up with some info.

For everyone reading this in Montello or on their way to Montello, thank you for your inspiration and thank you for your frame of mind.  It seems to be the one thing binding us all together.  We all feel the same about life and where we want it to be.  I may be speaking for myself but I feel that God has a plan for Montello and it will happen with us.

6 Response to "Setback..."

  1. MontelloOffGrid Says:

    Hey Jeremy,

    One way or another, I think you speak for all of us!

    Congratulations on the car kiss. I went 21 years without one of those...and this morning I kissed a snow/ice bank head on at 50 m.p.h. The Nissan Xterra pictured in my blog doesn't look quite the same as it used to!!!

    Keep working hard towards your goal. I'll see you on that bench!!!

  2. MontelloOffGrid Says:

    Forgot to mention, you won't be needing (or likely wanting) that Mercedes in Montello anyway!!!

  3. Jeremy Creasy Says:

    Haha true. It is a ML320 with 4 wheel drive though so...

  4. Anonymous Says:

    I'm with Preston on the wrecks almost had two yesterday in the snow !!! what a pucker factor hihi...

    Yes time goes real slow when you are working towards something you really want....

    Hope the wife is ok, as cars go they can be fixed or replaced but the loved ones are a different matter.

    guy

  5. MontelloOffGrid Says:

    previous comment retracted. bring the ML 320!!!!

  6. bill Says:

    Hey Jeremy sorry to hear about the crash! That's why we don't let women drive in mexico,ok im just kidding ladies. bill