The Perfect Storm is here

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 12:51 PM Posted by Jeremy Creasy
Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.
-- Benito Mussolini
_____________________________
"I hope we shall crush ... in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country."
--Thomas Jefferson

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."
-- U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

3 Response to "The Perfect Storm is here"

  1. MontelloOffGrid Says:

    .....which raises the question of "what can we do to make a difference?" On a macro level it is infuriating to watch this go down while feeling powerless. On a micro level, I feel empowered with projects like Montello, self sufficiency thinking, acting to shed liabilities and remain debt free, and being able to live life for an extended period without the assistance of others. But where to from there?

    Can it be repaired and if so how....I mean really how when I see no difference between the two ruling political parties?

    Or, is it better to sit back and watch it go down in hopes of something better emerging later....is it naive to think we can make a difference or naive to think we can't?

    "Atlas Shrugged?"

  2. Jeremy Creasy Says:

    I ask those same questions. I am gonna post the article that I found those quotes on. It is even more threatening.

    As for making a difference...I don't think it's naive to want to or try to make a difference, however, reality proves that without a revolt nothing will be changed passively. If it comes to this I will be joining the revolution.

  3. JenniferCreasy Says:

    You say you want a revolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world
    You tell me that it's evolution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world
    But when you talk about destruction
    Don't you know that you can count me out
    Don't you know it's gonna be all right
    all right, all right

    You say you got a real solution
    Well, you know
    We'd all love to see the plan
    You ask me for a contribution
    Well, you know
    We're doing what we can
    But when you want money
    for people with minds that hate
    All I can tell is brother you have to wait
    Don't you know it's gonna be all right
    all right, all right
    Ah

    ah, ah, ah, ah, ah...

    You say you'll change the constitution
    Well, you know
    We all want to change your head
    You tell me it's the institution
    Well, you know
    You better free you mind instead
    But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao
    You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
    Don't you know it's gonna be all right
    all right, all right
    all right, all right, all right
    all right, all right, all right