Wow, no questions...

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:57 PM Posted by Jeremy Creasy
Yeah, so no question about Global Buckets working or not.  The first picture is when we planted it, the 2nd is last week and the last 2 are from this morning.  I have filled the bucket using the pvc 3 times now.  I had to water from the top for the first week and I also let it sit out in a storm a couple times.  After the 2nd storm is started chugging water.  Rizzo is starting to scare me, ever seen 'Little Shop of Horrors'?...YEAH.  I can tell you that this is going to be one of my main strategies for growing in Montello.  I'm hoping that in another month or less I can walk out side and the plant will just throw tomatoes at me  :)


March 27th The beginning                     April 8th Last week


April 14th This morning!



4 Response to "Wow, no questions..."

  1. MontelloOffGrid Says:

    Loving this post! After full grown, I'd love to hear how much water Rizzo requires. We have another month or so before we can safely plant outside and avoid frost....can't wait. Well done guys!!!

  2. Jeremy Creasy Says:

    Yeah so two days later and it's already above the second wire on the cage! I started trimming it back today.

  3. Christy Says:

    She's a pretty "solanum lycopersicum" (yeah, I looked the genus up so I could say I learned something new today). I'm glad that you enjoyed the process and saw actual results so fast! Tony's cabbage is doing its thang relatively quickly...I remember Jamie's, in the ground, took longer to start forming an actual "head", so...we'll see. You figured out yet how you are going to enjoy the first berry off that vine? Quartered with a dash of salt? Sliced thick on a sandwich by itself...just a slather of mayo (nothing like it!!!)? On a big ol' salad with that oil stuff you eat and feta cheese and fresh greens and the like? Don't roll your eyes at me, little brother! Your very first homegrown toMAHto is monumental...just ask anyone! :)

  4. Grant Buster and Max Buster Says:

    We should have mentioned that we're using ***18 oz*** cups. The 3 1/2" hole saw makes a perfectly sized hole. We've updated our website to help clarify this:

    http://www.globalbuckets.org/2000/09/lessons-learned.html

    We'll try to add some words to the video to further clarify the size.

    Sincerely,

    Max buster
    Global Buckets