I'm a little rusty...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 10:59 PM Posted by Jeremy Creasy
So, one of the more important repairs that Jen's Jeep, named Lucy Sky,   \m/*.*\m/   needed was rust removal and repaint around the windshield.  This isn't the only rust on the Jeep but most of the rust is in the frame and not the body.  
This is an easy fix!  Started with a grinder & rust wheel, followed with a coat of bondo & sanding, followed by a rust primer, light sand & single coat of touch-up spray paint.  You'll notice a very thin line around the taped edges.  Later, Saturday I will lightly sand and re-coat this entire area.  I'm also going to spray a protective coating after the last coat of paint.  Even with the edge line it looks 100 times better.  I'm gonna take that grinder to the frame underneath and then paint it this weekend, as well.  Can't wait to get this thing on the trails in Tecoma Valley!



4 Response to "I'm a little rusty..."

  1. MontelloOffGrid Says:

    Jeremy, well done! Looks very nice. I have a feeling we are going to be a good resource for each other in our near Jeep futures!!!

    I'd love to see a few pics from various angles under the hood to see how much difference 12 years makes? I've had my 82' for three years now and am as in love as the first day!

    I made a youtube video of a universal joint change. The camera quality sucks, but it seems to be well received by a few others. Check it out...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtfASumiyrc

    To reiterate a comment from earlier, a 2nd Jeep for your wife is the coolest thing I think I've EVER heard!!!

  2. JT and Sandy Says:

    Looks great. FYI it snowed yesterday in Montello. If anyone has not told you the winters are BRUTAL.

    Boy I wish I was there.

  3. Jeremy Creasy Says:

    Thanks! I have to change the u joint on the passenger side as well. I will check that video out. She's wanted a Wrangler since she was 3, so I would be in BIG trouble if I got me one and not her, haha.

    JT or Sandy, good thing we got global warming then huh!? :P

  4. Christy Says:

    Good job, Jeremy! Sorta reminds me of watching Dad restore those old "gals" back in the day to resell...guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :) I'm just glad y'all didn't do "matchy matchy" and get the same color. ;)

    I KNOW Jen's excited about Lucy. I am excited for her too...for y'all (*wiping tears*). Better start planning our first 26-hour trek to visit y'all, huh? And, that might be more like 2 weeks instead of 26 hours if gas prices keep going up b/c we'll be having to cycle there, or learn to horseback ride!! Don't suggest one of those little smart cars...can you imagine us traveling 1700+ miles, the FOUR of us & luggage??? HA!

    Love you!